Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Sharbot Lake Family Health Team.
By joining our team of competent, professional employees, you will be gaining the rewarding experience of serving those in need.
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team – Nurse Practitioner & Occupational Therapist
Full-time (1.0 FTE), permanent
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team is seeking a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work as part of an energetic and committed inter-professional team. This NP will work to their full scope alongside physicians, registered nurses, and other health care professionals to provide our patients with individualized, effective, timely and efficient care.
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team is a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals who provide primary health care services to residents in the communities of Central Frontenac as well as portions of North and South Frontenac. As a Nurse Practitioner with our Team, you will work both independently and in collaboration with team physicians and other health care professionals to assess, diagnose and treat health problems, with an emphasis on health promotion and chronic disease management.
In this position, you will provide most of the well-woman care and childcare (including routine well baby/child assessments and routine childhood vaccinations as well as assessment and management of acute episodic childhood conditions).
In keeping with our commitment to collaborative care, each member of the healthcare team plays an important part in providing effective, timely and efficient care.
The Nurse Practitioner is a valued member of our team, caring for patients of all ages to provide assessment, education and management of new life events, mental health and chronic disease as well as diagnose and treat episodic illness. Within the supportive structure of our team the NP functions with autonomy in keeping with Sharbot Lake’s policies, procedures, and values.
Education, Training and Qualities:
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with CNO as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (NP-PHC),
- Evidence of liability insurance through CNPS or another reputable agency,
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care medicine,
- Leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment,
- Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical record systems.
- Provide shared care for patients along with other members of the healthcare team,
- Conduct assessments using an age/sex specific list of recommended preventative interventions and risk assessment,
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review diagnostic tests,
- Employ critical thinking, evidence-based medicine, and best practice as frameworks for practice,
- Document observations, conversations, interventions, and collaboration relating to patient care in the patent record,
- Liaise with other team members to achieve preferable outcomes to the patient,
- Arrange for referrals (internal and external) as necessary,
- Record activities and participate in evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, to initiate positive changes in programs and care.
Information about the position:
- This is a full-time (1.0 FTE – 5 days per week), permanent position,
- Expected start date is immediate,
- The incumbent will be eligible for benefits,
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and is in keeping with the amount set by the Ministry of Health for Nurse Practitioners in Family Health Teams.
We invite interested candidates to learn more about Sharbot Lake Family Health Team by visiting our website, www.sharbotlakefht.ca To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Maggie Black, Executive Director at Maggie.Black@kingstonhsc.ca adding ‘2020-NP-01’ in the subject line of the email. Selection of candidates will begin on August 6, 2020, so please have your application submitted by then. Candidates requiring accommodation for the interview process are invited to state this at the time the interview is scheduled.
0.4 FTE Occupational Therapist – Sharbot Lake Family Health Team
0.4 FTE Occupational Therapist – Loyalist Lake Family Health Team
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team and Loyalist Family Health Team are combining recruitment efforts to recruit one Occupational Therapist for a total of 0.8 FTE. The successful candidate will have two separate employment agreements: one (1) with Sharbot Lake FHT and one (1) with Loyalist FHT, working two days/week at each location.
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team and Loyalist Family Health Team are seeking a skilled, compassionate Occupational Therapist interested in working in a positive, innovative, team-based primary care setting. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Occupational Therapist’s role is to provide thorough care and support to patients and their families or caregivers, including cognitive assessments, physical evaluations, and assistance navigating community resources. This position requires travel and home visits, so the successful applicant will be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license.
Consider this position if you:
- are registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) and a member of a Professional Association/Society
- have at least two years related experience
- possess enthusiasm for working with patients across a broad spectrum of ages and challenges
- are passionate about working in an interdisciplinary model of care
- have demonstrated expertise in working with older persons including assessment and intervention of daily living activities, falls risk, cognitive function, and other occupational performance and mobility issues
- are comfortable identifying and addressing the needs of people at risk for functional decline
- would enjoy working with patients on life skills and during life transitions, including those who may have reluctance or mental health challenges
- have experience and interest in facilitating and leading exercise classes and other health promotion programs and groups, including maintenance of relevant clinical/programming equipment (weights, resistance bands, etc.)
- are creative and have realistic ideas about how to improve the lives of patients
- have the ability and desire to develop new skills and evolve with a continuous improvement focus
- would enjoy working in beautiful Amherstview, just minutes from the shores of Lake Ontario and a short distance to Kingston, and would enjoy working surrounded by the rugged beauty of Laurentian Shield country with thousands of lakes, yet still relatively close to major urban centers (Ottawa 1.5 hours, Toronto 3 hours, Montreal 3.5 hours)
- possess experience in team-based primary care settings
- enjoy participating in team collaboration including team meetings, joint visits, and consultation
- have proven maintenance of clinical skills via professional development
- ADP Authorizer an asset
- experience working with a Memory Clinic team (Loyalist FHT)
- experience facilitating healthy living groups, such as the Community Exercise & Lifestyle Program (Sharbot Lake FHT)
- Senior Fitness Instructor Certification (via the Canadian Activity Centre for Activity and Aging) or equivalent, such as CSEP
- Certification in administering the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA)
- thorough understanding of community resources and how to navigate local support networks
- experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
We offer a collegial, collaborative atmosphere with a commitment to employee and organizational development, along with a competitive salary.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and any questions to both Maggie.Black@kingstonhsc.ca (Sharbot Lake FHT) and firstname.lastname@example.org . Application deadline is Tuesday, August 18, 2020.
Candidates requiring accommodation for the interview process are invited to state this at the time the interview is scheduled.