Our Team provides a wide range of community based primary health care services with an approach that integrates disease prevention and health promotion into the traditional process of diagnosing and managing patients with acute and chronic disease.
Primary Care Services include:
- Diagnosis, management and support for patients with both acute and chronic physical and mental health problems.
- Health promotion and disease prevention are integrated into daily health care services.
- We are committed to integration with other community service providers to optimize the well being of our patients and community.
- We link to specialty based services in Kingston and Perth.
- We host Outreach Programs at the Sharbot Lake Family Health Team including: Asthma, COPD, C-Pap, South East Ontario Vision Loss Rehabilitation Services and Geriatric Psychiatry Outreach.
- We are an Academic Family Health Team and often have Residents and medical students from Queen’s Faculty of Medicine, and other universities participating in the delivery of health care.
Mental Health Counsellor: Gary Glover, MSW,RSW
Executive Director: Maggie Black
Program Manager: Laura Baldwin
Elizabeth Bigelow – Administrative Assistant
Lindsay Beattie – Referral/Billing Coordinator
Tracy Riddell – Medical Receptionist
Valerie Young – Medical Receptionist
Martha MacLeod – Medical Receptionist
Sandy Robertson – Medical Receptionist
Karen Tryon – Medical Receptionist & Medication Renewal Assistant
Onsite Partner organizations:
Home and Community Care Coordinator: Peg Goodes, RN, BScN with South East Local Health Integrated Network
Certified Respiratory Educator, ASTHMA Program: Jessica Schooley, RN, BScN, CRE with KGH Primary Care Asthma Program (P-CAP)
Certified Addictions Counsellor: Amanda Shand with Addiction and Mental Health Services, KFLA
Ontario Telemedicine Nurse: Rita Fairweather, RN with Ontario Telemedicine Network
Certified Respiratory Educator, COPD Program: Eric Kruger, RRT with Praxair
Certified Respiratory Educator, CPAP Clinic: Melissa Smith, RN, BScN, CRE with Praxair
Low Vision Specialists: Anne Chiarelli, RN, CLVT with South East Ontario Vision Loss Rehabilitation Services
Julia Foster, OT Reg. (ON) with South East Ontario Vision Loss Rehabilitation Services