Our Team provides a wide range of community-based primary health care services with
an approach that integrates disease prevention and health promotion
into the traditional process of diagnosing
and managing patients with acute and chronic diseases.
Primary Care Services include:
- Diagnosis, management, and support for patients with both acute and chronic physical and mental health problems.
- Health promotion and disease prevention are integrated into daily health care services.
- We are committed to integration with other community service providers to optimize the well being of our patients and community.
- We link to specialty based services in Kingston and Perth.
- We host Outreach Programs at the Sharbot Lake Family Health Team including Primary Care Asthma Program (PCAP), COPD, C-Pap, South East Ontario Vision Loss Rehabilitation Services, and Geriatric Psychiatry Outreach.
- We are an Academic Family Health Team and often have Residents and medical students from Queen’s Faculty of Medicine, and other universities participating in the delivery of health care.
Physician: Dr. Danny Cunic, M.D.
Interim Executive Director: Frances Smith, Chair, SLFHT Board of Directors
Laura Baldwin -Program Manager
Elizabeth Bigelow – Administrative Assistant
Lindsay Beattie – Referral/Billing Coordinator
Valerie Young – Medical Receptionist & Medication Renewal Assistant
Karen Tryon – Medication Renewal Assistant
Olivia Richmond -Medical Receptionist
ONSITE PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS:
S.E.LHIN Home and Community Care Coordinator: Megan Conboy, RN, BScN with South East Local Health Integrated Network
Ontario Telemedicine Nurse: Rita Fairweather, RN with Ontario Telemedicine Network
Certified Respiratory Educator, ASTHMA Program: Jessica Schooley, RN, BScN, CRE with KGH Primary Care Asthma Program (P-CAP)
Certified Respiratory Educator, COPD Program: Eric Kruger, RRT with Praxair
Certified Addictions Counsellor: Brad Flear BA RP, Addiction and Mental Health Services, KFLA
Low Vision Specialist: Julia Foster, OT Reg. (ON) with South East Ontario Vision Loss Rehabilitation Services
Sharbot Lake Chiropractic & Wellness: Dr. Gian Kaillon, Chiropractor http://www.sharbotlakechiropractic.ca
Kingston Imaging Services
Galen Eye Centre