led by Jill Dunkley, Health Promoter, Certified MBSR instructor, C-IAYT
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an approach to self-care that helps deal with stress, pain and illness.
The MBSR course teaches people to focus awareness on body sensations, thoughts, and emotions in a nonjudgmental way.
MBSR is modeled on the program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. Kabat-Zinn’s program is considered the “gold standard” in mindfulness training.
⇒ What to Expect
MBSR is designed to introduce a mindfulness practice as a way of reducing stress and developing greater balance, control, and participation in one’s life. Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in one’s life, including the challenges of stress, pain, illness, and everyday demands.
The course consists of the following:
* Intake Interview for new participants
* Eight weekly classes
*One half day retreat on a Saturday
* Outtake Interview
⇒ How to Participate
* Participation is open to all patients and community members.
* There is no cost to participate.
* Completion of an intake interview with Jill Dunkley prior to participation is required.
* Please call Laura Baldwin, Program Manager at 613-279-2100 ext. 115
* or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Space is limited
⇒ Upcoming Sessions
The next 8-week MBSR session will take place in Spring 2024.
The MBSR program runs 2 times per year.